IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Video shows gunmen breaking into home of former Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman

Sherman's wife, Ashley Moss, wrote on Instagram that she woke up to intruders outside her bedroom with a gun.
Get more newsLiveon

Three gunmen broke into former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman's house over the weekend while his wife and two children were home.

On Monday, Sherman shared video on X of what appeared to be the intruders carrying firearms and smashing through a large window at his home in King County, Washington.

"House being robbed at gunpoint with my family in it isn’t what anyone wants for a birthday gift," he posted. "Scary situation that my Wife handled masterfully and kept my kids safe."

He said he was sharing the video in case someone had information that could help authorities find the intruders.

Richard Sherman.
Richard Sherman in Pittsburgh in 2023.Matt Freed / AP file

"If anyone has any info that can help find these people please reach out," he wrote.

Sherman's wife, Ashley Moss, said she and the children are "physically ok" but "very shaken up and hope to find these people soon."

"Waking up to intruders outside your bedroom with a gun is something no one should have to experience," she wrote Monday on her Instagram Stories. "Like I said they tried the wrong people! We WILL find you!"

The King County Sheriff’s Office said the break-in happened Sunday just after midnight. As of Tuesday morning, no arrests had been made, and no suspects had been identified.

"As this remains an open and active investigation, there isn’t much more to share at this time," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Last year, the NFL, the NBA and the FBI issued warnings following a string of burglaries targeting high-profile athletes. On Oct. 6, the Belton, Missouri, home of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was burglarized. A day later, robbers broke into the Leawood, Kansas, home of Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce.

In February, seven Chilean men were charged in connection with an alleged nationwide burglary spree that targeted Mahomes, Kelce and others.

A federal indictment also accused the group of breaking into the Wisconsin home of a Milwaukee Bucks player while he was at a game. Authorities did not identify the victim, but the information corresponds to a burglary that occurred at the home of Bucks forward Bobby Portis Jr. The indictment said nearly $1.5 million worth of items were stolen from the home.

Another burglary occurred at the Cincinnati-area home of a Bengals player, federal authorities said in a statement. The information corresponds to a break-in at quarterback Joe Burrow's home.